Another Friday Night.....

So....I haven't seen a horse except for a few coggins all week. I watched from afar as a colleague worked on a swollen fetlock joint. I did get to do surgeries today but we only had a few. It was very slow for a Friday. I am going through withdrawls - horses, ultrasound, etc. And to top it all off I am home on a Friday night because I'm in the middle of Northwest Arkansas and there is nothing to do especially when I'm working tomorrow. Aren't there any normal people here? Strike that question from the record -- I already know the answer. This is like another country.

I am excited about the new show "Ex List" which I'm planning on watching tonight to pass the time (haha) instead of doing anything productive. I've been playing with my new Blackberry but I can't figure out how to set a different tone for the ring, messages, and alarm! I have set up email and done the hard part but can't figure out the tones (how pathetic-help please!). My parents got awesome seats to the OSU game tomorrow but they only have two tickets :(. Nevertheless, GO POKES!

My current "adventures" in Arkansas seem to be more like a trip to a mental hospital. Perhaps tomorrow will be better and on Saturdays I actually have a tech (did I mention we have 6 doctors and 2 assistants??? - insane) or rather there is one there that is good. Plus, she is around my age group and provides interesting conversation! I have determined that people here in Arkansas don't want to work so they breed dogs. And ... dog breeders mean 3:30am C-sections with rude and overly confident people. Translation: I have tried to trade a colleague all his colics for all my C-sections!

And, what about this bailout business? Isn't this just a way to tell the previous generation that they can have what they want at the expense of our generation?? Tell them to get up, get a job, get a house and possessions that they can afford and buck up! I'm tired of paying $86,000.00 in student loans and my own house payment while staying at a job that I only marginally enjoy because I can't afford to do the equine internship/practice that I really want! So, in case you didn't catch my opinion on the deal -- they can "bail off" (to put it lightly). And, they better not sabatoge my retirement...

On a more positive note...don't you just love DVR?

Comments

  1. I can try & help you with the Blackberry--I know its very confusing at first! :) I am enjoying the blog so far, its fun! And allows you to vent, which is a good thing I think!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts