Wafting Burgers, Books, and the like

One of my neighbors was cooking out at 9pm and the smell of grilling burgers wafted over my direction as I was out on the patio watering my plants.  I wished I had made burgers for dinner. 

I spent the day at home catching up on chores, swimming, and finishing two books.  Yes, I said two.  How rare is that?  "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society," was a delightful account of the Occupation with a personal circle of friends touch.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  "Mockingjay," the third book in the Hunger Games series was riveting, with an ending I didn't expect. 

I talked to two of my bestest friends via phone this evening - totally making my day.  They are best.  Ever. 

I did finish some chores and ended the day watching Combat Hospital: Welcome to Khandahar.  I wondered if it were anything like the view Kyle had when he was there in '07.  Probably not. 

Stay tuned for soon-to-be-written editions of my new mango tango and hopefully the completion of T5 and beginning of Arizona '10. 

Comments

Popular Posts