Sunday Girl
Sunday's have become a dreaded day in my mind because I'm either missing a perfectly delightful day being on-call or I'm parting with my loved ones after a too-short visit. This summer Sunday I'm again on-call but trying to briefly tap my creativity in short bursts between phone calls to get some things done. I apologize for the wide expanses of silence however because life seems to keep handing me busy tasks.
But this morning, the coffee is on. The phone has rang three or four times already but I haven't had to go out. Yet.
So, here it is. I'm getting ready to leave on a much needed few days off. I haven't had a vacation day all year and its July. Ridiculous. I haven't even gotten a three day weekend. I'm distracted. I have heartburn from stress. And, I'm headed to Big Cedar with my family and Kyle and Cody for some lake time. I. Can't. Wait. There's packing to be done. I would rather be taking a walk in the park or snapping photos of some incredible scenes, but I'll take packing.
I'm going to try to finish the Smokies posts. (I mean, geez, it's only been over a year.) Call me "Dr. Put Things Off." Here goes -- we'll see if I can pull it off. Wishing you all reprieve from the heat..................
But this morning, the coffee is on. The phone has rang three or four times already but I haven't had to go out. Yet.
So, here it is. I'm getting ready to leave on a much needed few days off. I haven't had a vacation day all year and its July. Ridiculous. I haven't even gotten a three day weekend. I'm distracted. I have heartburn from stress. And, I'm headed to Big Cedar with my family and Kyle and Cody for some lake time. I. Can't. Wait. There's packing to be done. I would rather be taking a walk in the park or snapping photos of some incredible scenes, but I'll take packing.
I'm going to try to finish the Smokies posts. (I mean, geez, it's only been over a year.) Call me "Dr. Put Things Off." Here goes -- we'll see if I can pull it off. Wishing you all reprieve from the heat..................

Comments
Post a Comment