Life is full of tough decisions.....

That's one cold little bear.

I woke up this morning eager to see how much snow had fallen on the sleet and ice from yesterday. To my delight we got about 9 inches or so. However, as I popped out of bed like a kid on Christmas morning I realized that my eyes were almost swollen shut and I had to open them manually (yes, picture that) to get the full effect of the snowfall. And, to top it all off, when I did that the morning light filtering through the clouds bounced off my shining corneas and lens and caused a veritable downpour of tears swimming down my puffy eyes and cheeks. I broke down and took an anti-histamine. I'm still waiting to feel the full effects and fall on my puffy face due to the extreme drowsiness. I guess I could go lay down on this.....

I want to build a snowman. But if I build a snowman then I have to "mess" up the snow. And I like it. I like looking at it's pristine nature and how the smooth surfaces intermingle with the divets and drifts. If I build a snowman then there will be bigfoot prints (not big foot prints, or big footprints, but bigfoot prints) marring the pristine view. I won't like that. I think the impending cabin fever will cause me to abandon this and build a snowman that I can't name Clyde because I already have a moose named Clyde. I think I'll do it in the backyard so that the birds can eat the carrots I use for his nose and buttons (I don't have anything black to use for the buttons). There was a blue jay on my porch this morning and he was hungry! He was so hungry. I didn't have any birdseed. What kind of person am I anyway? He flew off probably sending me some type of obscene gesture because I couldn't cure his borborigmi. Note the layers of ice, then snow on my fence in the picture below:
I turned my TV off last night at 8pm after watching "Walk the Line." I haven't turned it on yet today either. I'm quite proud of my pessimistic self. I was so dreading yet another day cooped up in the house (working yesterday didn't count - I was cooped up in the clinic with--well that's another blog post). I read, I sipped a glass of red wine and sang to myself. It's very entertaining to put your iPod on shuffle and see what comes up. When it's a song you particulary love, it's so exciting! Hey, what happened to the sidewalk?
I sat at my kitchen table peering through the numerous windows and perusing through Pioneer Woman's cookbook and daydreaming that I could be atop my imaginary buckskin gelding who would be traipsing through the snowy landscape out in the country - in some of my imaginary acreage with rivers and mountains. And then the washer and dryer kicked back on and plopped me back into reality. I should have been born in Montana.

My other dilemma is that I want some snowshoes. I have a set picked out. I just haven't saved up the $200.00 to purchase them. I am, instead, taking a personal vow to save more money for my retirement account this year. But it's so hard because I really, really want those snowshoes. Snowshoes, retirement, showshoes, retirement. Choices, choices. And wait! I so, so, so want a Canon digital (no less than 15 megapixel) camera with live LCD and telefoto lens. Snowshoes, camera, retirement. Snowshoes, camera, retirement. Hmmmmmmm.........the theme song from the "Tighten Up Arkansas" commercial is bouncing around my head. I'm so dang practical. I'll never get that camera.
Perhaps if I should get a snowman constructed I will post his handsome picture. And I will try to finish my Southwestern Chronicles posts. It's not like I don't have time on my hands but I'm trying to talk myself into working out for 4 hours today. Oh wait, I don't even have a treadmill. I would really like to have one of those too. Snowshoes, camera, retirement, treadmill.

Comments

Popular Posts