Updates from the Ozarks....

So, technically I don't exactly live IN the Ozarks, technically. But hey...it's the same state and all. And besides, it sounds better than saying, "Updates from Arkansas," or, "Updates from Siloam," or, "Updates from the Middle of Nothingness." And, since very little happens here that is actually noteworthy or newsworthy, I have to entertain myself somehow.

So, here is what's going on. (It is oh-so-exciting and by merely reading it your life will be transformed by jealousy and light.)
  1. I put some new air-cell insoles in my running shoes. They take up a lot of space and decrease the overall volume of the inside of the shoe. I don't know if I like them.
  2. I am getting ready to have my first meeting with my new guided 30 day challenge with Bob Greene on my Wii. "Bob, you better make miracles happen, man." He's gonna show me how to do tricep kickbacks and cardio dancing. I hope I am not too sore to type tomorrow.
  3. The Ranch House Chickenchilada recipe from the Enid Junior League cookbook is pretty darn good, easy as pie especially if you use a rotisserie chicken, and goes great with Southern Living's Lemonade Iced Tea.
  4. I have decided to move to the country, get a bassett hound, wear overalls everyday to decrease my laundry load, and grow a garden and some cows so that I don't ever have to go to the Wal-Marts again (more on this later).
  5. I hope they have internet in the country. And let it be documented that I'm not going to be my own veterinarian when it comes to the cows. I've had enough cow medicine to last me a very, very, very long time. That goes for hedgehogs and monkeys too.
  6. Kyle has gotten to the point that he doesn't even blink when I tell him things like I'm moving to the country for the above reasons. He simply says, "I adore you, dork" and goes on about his day.
  7. My mandevilla is growing leaps and bounds...wispy bounds. I love it.
  8. Sometimes I think people can be just a little too country.
  9. Nine is my favorite number.

It is time for me and Bob to get down to business. Hope ya'll have a smashing end to a beautiful and blessed weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts