Southwestern Chronicles: The Road Home

By the end of the equine practitioners conference I was more than ready to leave Las Vegas. Don't get me wrong...America's biggest party city has some allure but I'm not exactly America's biggest party girl. After the slithering little men on the sidewalk had tried to pass me a card with obscene pictures on it for the 800th time, I was so ready to go. And it didn't help that I contracted the world's worst 36-hour stomach virus and spent a night on the bathroom floor. Needless to say, I was ready to roll on down the road.
It was a long drive back to Oklahoma and driving through Flagstaff caused some feelings of regret to have to leave the desert. We reached eastern Arizona around sunset and the view was amazing! The painted desert certainly lives up to it's name. We passed the petrified forest 15 minutes before it closed at 5pm. I hope to someday go back and experience it.



We revisited Santa Fe and ate at the Blue Corn Cafe and Brewery. It is such a fun place and the atmosphere and the fireplaces are so great. And I got to peruse Jackalope, a favorite rustic find place for me. They have these pots that are amazing in all shapes, sizes and colors. I came home with a turquoise pot for my front porch that I love! Now I just have to figure out what to put in it!
The remaining drive across New Mexico in the dark was very LONG. The drive through the Oklahoma panhandle was even LONGER. But it was all worth it for the amazing time and the unforgetable experiences! I hope that I can go back very soon!

Comments
Post a Comment